Saturday 3 October 2015

In My Element | Stirling

Today, my sister, cousins and I travelled to the small town of Stirling in the Adelaide Hills, which has a population of less than three-thousand.  The area is covered in bright flowers, beautiful buildings, native wildlife and has incredible markets every month.  Stirling is an amazing place to walk through and enjoy - the scenery in itself is absolutely breathtaking.


I decided I wanted to take some shots with all this beauty surrounding me.  It was kind of relaxing in a way - to just be still, and focus on flowers and listening to birds around me.  I think it's so important to always take a moment to ourselves.  We should embrace our surroundings and simply be.

My cousin is a fabulous photographer, so each of the images below was taken by her with my Canon EOS 600d, and it's a whole bunch of pictures of me in my element.  You should try having someone close to you take you to your favourite place for some photos, it was so much fun - especially after my tonsillectomy operation which occurred a little while ago, this was my first time properly outside and made up (face and hair done) since then!


I hope you enjoy them as much as I enjoyed posing!  This is one of my most favourite places in the whole world!  Today there were Koalas and Rabbits which unfortunately had moved on before we had a chance to take their picture.  Those legs moved them faster than I thought possible!


If you're curious, my dress is from JayJays and it was about $34.95, and my Jacket was from Valley Girl for $60 a couple of years ago - I've got such amazing wear out of it!  Shoes are also from Valley Girl (their flats are so cheap, around $12.95!)


It's one month into spring and already the flowers are starting to wilt, I sort of wish I'd been able to travel to Stirling earlier in the month, but I know for future visits - the most beautiful time of the year in Stirling must be the very beginning of Spring... or very late winter.  (I'm glad to learn this now because I really want to get married one day in Stirling - future plans are happening hehe!)

Anyway, I'll leave you to your own devices, I hope you enjoy the photos and let me know if you like them?  Also please tell me where your favourite place is and why?



                                         How cool is this tree?



- Thanks for viewing -

Laura xo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog