Thursday 25 February 2016

Book Review: Halo by Alexandra Adornetto

Halo Series- Halo (#1)

Author: Alexandra Adornetto
Genre:  Romance
Published:  Hachette Books 2003
Pages: 470 
Rating: 5/5
Read: February 2016

Blurb:
Nothing much happens in the sleepy town of Venus Cove.  But everything changes when three angels, Ivy, Bethany and Gabriel are sent from heaven to protect the town against the gathering forces of darkness.  They work hard to conceal their true identity and - most of all - their wings.  But the mission is threatened when the youngest angel, Bethany, is sent to high school and falls for the handsome school captain, Xavier Woods.  Will she defy the laws of Heaven by loving him?  Things come to a head when the angels realise they are not the only supernatural power in Venus Cove.  There's a new kid in town and he's charming, seductive and deadly.  Worst of all, he's after Beth.  The agents and Xavier must work together to overcome the dark forces - but will Beth survive the battle?

SPOILERS*

Firstly I'd like to point out that I have previously read this series in 2012, and I enjoyed it probably more the second time around as I could understand more of what was going on.

I loved this novel!  I adored the opening chapter, the senses that Beth could feel and notice were very prominent here.  It was interesting to read in a way that made you think about what the air around you might feel like.  I enjoyed how this opened my mind to different senses in my own life - it made me want to look around my own environment in wonder.

I had one issue with Beth's character in this novel...  When the going got tough and Xavier turned away from her she decided to become recluse and hide instead of being the fighter we know her as in the final books.  I believe though that this shows development of her character.

Overall I thought the book was fantastic which is why I want to give it a 5 out of 5 review! I enjoyed it immensely and think most things were addressed and thought through in this first novel of the Halo Series.  I would definitely read this novel again.

My Favourite Line:
"I'm not ready to take you home yet." (Ch. 10)

2 comments:

  1. I agree, an amazing series of books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved them - but the last one felt a little lost unfortunately x
      Thank you for commenting! My First Ever Comment Woo!

      Delete

Search This Blog